Welcome to our online classroom! Stay up to date with homework, marks, and announcements as well as find useful links and resources.

Tuesday 14 October 2014

English 12
The Catcher in the Rye
1. Theme and Thesis statement review (examples in-class).
2. Feedback on WAQ.
3. Homework: Integrate the following sentences (they should be properly introduced, explained, and cited):
"To tell you the truth, it was sort of embarrassing, in a way, to be talking about Romeo and Juliet with her. I mean that play gets pretty sexy in some parts." p. 111
"Then just to show you how crazy I am, when we were coming out of this big clinch, I told her I loved her and all. It was a lie, of course, but the thing is, I meant it when I said it." p. 125
"You don't see what I mean at all...You give me a royal pain in the ass, if you want to know the truth." p. 133
*Late work/re-dos are due Thursday, discussed with me ahead of time (for midterm reports)*

English 11 (2)
The Lord of the Flies
1. Chapter 4 Quizzes handed back.
2. Theme and thesis statements for Chapter 5 prompt (evil, fear, and Simon).
3. Write WAQ response to Chapter 5's prompt.
4. Homework: Read chapter 6, prepare for a quiz tomorrow.
*No chapter 6 prompt.*
*Late work/re-dos are due Thursday, discussed with me ahead of time (for midterm reports)*

English 11 (4)
A Separate Peace
1. Hand in Chapter 5/6 response.
2. Read Chapter 7 & analyze.
3. Homework: Chapter 7 Response
Prompt:
With textual evidence, describe how the war's encroachment on Devon becomes more pronounced in chapter 7.
- include topic sentence (ex. The consequence of war is a loss of innocence), thesis statement (re: Gene's internal conflict), min. 5 quotations (I, I, E, C), 12-15 sentences.
*due tomorrow, 30 marks*
*Late work/re-dos are due Thursday, discussed with me ahead of time (for midterm reports)*