Welcome to our online classroom! Stay up to date with homework, marks, and announcements as well as find useful links and resources.

Thursday 11 May 2017

ALL CLASSES: Deadline to hand in late Apr 18-May 18 work is May 23.
6 more classes until midterm mark cut-off.

Comm 12
Macbeth
1. Film adaptation of Act I (scenes iv-vii).
2. Finish reading Act I of graphic novel (to page 28).
3. Finish questions - discuss - due Monday.
3b. Prep for Quiz WAQ:
Describe the depiction of gender roles in the first act of Macbeth. Are they traditional? Why or why not? How is the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth portrayed?
- Theme statement - thesis statement - quotations
4. Act I quiz on Monday.

English 10
Romeo and Juliet
1. Film adaptation of Act I.
2. Analysis of Act I (discuss and complete questions; due Friday).
2b. Prepare to write a paragraph on one of the following topics:
- courtly love vs. romantic love
- foreshadowing and imagery
- fate vs. free-will
- danger of impetuosity 
3. Act I quiz and questions due Monday,
4. Tomorrow prep Act I WAQ.

English 11
Lord of the Flies
1. Chapter 5-8 questions DUE.
2. Complete Chapter 6-8 WAQ (started yesterday); due at the end of class.