Welcome to our online classroom! Stay up to date with homework, marks, and announcements as well as find useful links and resources.

Monday 3 December 2012

English 10E

1. Act I quote quiz   (    / 6 ).
2. Finish the descriptions and quotes for: Tybalt, Benvolio, Capulet, Lady Capulet, Montague, Lady Montague, Nurse, Romeo, Juliet
3. Act I sc ii Theme, Summary, and Characters done.
4. Homework: Complete the written portion of Act I sc iii, finish the pictures/drawings for Act I sc i-iii
*Tomorrow I will be checking your character charts for completion, as well as Act I sc i-iii finished.
**Friday: All written and picture work for all scenes of Act I due FRIDAY**

Comm 12

1. Finish I am the Messenger essay outline
*Tomorrow: You should be finished your rough draft by the end of class*
*Wednesday: Final draft of essay due*

English 11

1. Id/Ego/Superego in pop culture paragraphs DUE
2. Read chapter 6 in class today.
3. Homework: Discuss the importance of each quote (re: think: significance to plot, theme, character development; explain symbols/metaphors/figurative language):
- "But a sign came down from the world of grownups, though at the time there was no child awake to read it" (96).
- "His mind was crowded with memories; memories of the knowledge that had come to them when they closed in on the struggling pig, knowledge that they had outwitted a living thing, imposed their will upon them, taken away its life like a long satisfying drink."
- "What I mean is... maybe it's only us." /  "I don't believe in the beast" (106). - Simon
- "Conch! Conch!" shouted Jack. "We don't need the conch anymore." (103)