Welcome to our online classroom! Stay up to date with homework, marks, and announcements as well as find useful links and resources.

Friday 14 November 2014

TERM 1 MARK CUT-OFF MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH.

English 12
Hamlet
1. Act II WAQ Paragraph (In-Class):
Describe the significance of "[T]here is nothing bad or good but thinking makes it so" (II, ii, 263-265).
*Theme statement (ex. If an individual has subjective morals, they are able to justify wrongdoing.)
*Thesis statement
*5 additional quotations (I,I,C,E)
*Think of the quotation from the perspective of Claudius, Gertrude, Hamlet, Polonius...

English 11 (2)
The Crucible
1. Act I WAQ paragraph (in-class):
Describe how Arthur Miller illustrates the danger of moral absolutism in the first act of The Crucible.
*Theme statement, Thesis statement, 5 quotations (I,I,C,E)

English 11 (4)
Macbeth
1. Act II WAQ paragraph (in-class):
Using examples from Act II, describe how pathetic fallacy helps illuminate theme.
*Theme identified + theme statement + thesis + 5 quotations (I,I,C,E)